Thursday, July 18

Skin brightening papaya face mask

My family and I recently moved to Maine and I’ve been wanting to adopt a more earth-friendly lifestyle with our new start here. So, I’m starting this new segment here at What The Flicka called Green It Yourself: Elle’s Earth Friendly GIY Tips & Tricks. I’ll have natural tips and tricks that you can use for around the house, for the kids, natural skin care, home remedies, etc. This papaya face mask is the first installment—I hope you enjoy!

This is a great mask for all skin types. It you have sensitive skin like me, I would only leave it on for half the time suggested. This mask exfoliates and stimulates circulation in your face. Papaya has natural alpha hydroxy acids, yogurt has lactic acid (which helps remove dead skin cells), and honey helps to retain moisture.

Ingredients
¼ cup ripe papaya
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon plain Greek yogurt

Directions
Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until smooth. Put in a small bowl and apply to face with a make-up brush or your fingertips (which I find easier). Leave on face for 10 minutes the wash off thoroughly. Wipe skin with toner and moisturize.

Reference: http://whattheflicka.com/skin-brightening-papaya-face-mask

0 comments :

Post a Comment